- Coordinate Game: Find the secret point.
Expanding Brackets and Factorising
- Expanding & factorising single brackets: E.g. 2(c + 3) = 2c + 6.
- Expanding single brackets Loop Cards: Generate and print loop cards.
- Expanding double brackets: E.g. (x + 2)(x - 5).
- Expanding double brackets video tutorial: 978KB Quicktime .mov file.
- Expanding double brackets 2: E.g. (3x + 2)(7x - 5).
- Expanding double brackets Loop Cards: Generate and print loop cards.
- Expanding double brackets Match-Up: Interactive matching game.
- Factorising quadratics 1: Randomly generated factorising questions.
- Factorising quadratics 2: As above but slightly harder.
- Factorising quadratics 3: E.G. Factorising to give (3x + 2)(7x - 5).
- Graph types: Recognising different types of graph.
- Tables of values: Creating tables of values for quadratic and cubic graphs.
- Gradient: The gradient between two points.
- Straight lines and gradients: A Desmos example generator.
- Indices: An introduction to the laws of indices.
- Indices 2: Further notes on indices, including positive and negative fractional indices.
- Indices questions: Easier questions on basic powers.
- Match-Up: Expressions: Interactive matching game with simplified and unsimplified expressions.
- Completing the Square: Question generator.
- Completing the Square 1: Completing the square for quadratics x2 + bx +c where b is even.
- Completing the Square 2: Completing the square for quadratics ax2 + bx +c where a = 1 to 3 and is a common factor.
- Completing the Square 3: Completing the square for quadratics ax2 + bx +c where a = -4 to 4 and is a common factor.
- Proportion: Randomly generated questions on direct and inverse proportion.
Sequences (Number Patterns)
- nth terms: nth terms of linear sequences an+b where a is positive or negative.
- nth term Match-Up: Match nth terms with sequences against the clock.
- nth terms of Quadratics: Find the terms or find the rule for the nth term.
- Linear equations 1: Simple linear equations. E.g. 3x = 12 , x - 2 = 7 , x/3 = 2 , 3x + 2 = 17.
- Linear equations 2: Linear equations with brackets on one side. E.g. 2(x + 5) = 12.
- Linear equations 3: With variable on both sides. E.g. 2x - 3 = x + 7.
- Quadratic equations: Solving various types. E.g. x2+3x+2=0. E.g. (x-3)(x+5)=33.
- Quadratic roots: Finding their nature using the descriminant.
- Simultaneous equations: Randomly generated mixed difficulty questions.
- Cubic Trial & Improvement: Solving cubic equations using trial and improvement.
- Opposite Corners: Can you predict what the answers will be? Can you find rules? Can you write the rules using algebra? Can you prove your theories?