The Trinity Handbook
Internet Use Rules for Pupils
Rules for Responsible Internet Use
Years 7 to 11
The school has installed computers with Internet access to help our learning. These rules will keep you safe and help us be fair to others.
- I will only access the system with my own login and password, which I will keep secret;
- I will not access other people's files;
- I will use the computers only for school work and homework
- I will respect copyright laws and avoid plagiarism;
- I will be allowed to bring in memory sticks from outside school but these must be scanned with the virus program;
- I will use the internet responsibly;
- I will only send sensible and responsible E-mail messages;
- I will use email politely always remembering to address staff/adults correctly and sign off correctly.
- I will not give my home address or telephone number or anyone else's, or arrange to meet someone over the Internet;
- I will report any unpleasant material or messages sent to me. I understand this report would be confidential and would help protect other pupils and myself;
- I understand that the school may check my computer files and will monitor the Internet sites I visit or attempt to visit;
- I will report any problems or concerns to my teacher.
Breaches of this code will result in disciplinary action
A copy of these rules can be found in pupils' Planners.